Ground and Project Consultants provide a range of geotechnical and environmental services across a range of sectors for clients in the UK.
- Residential and Commercial Development
- Utilities and Transport
- Energy (Nuclear New Build and Renewables)
We also work with consultants who need our skills for particular projects.
Key services and areas of expertise
Ground and Project Consultants are ideally placed to help you understand the ground risks relating to your project. We help our clients understand near surface geology and overlying fill and made ground and how to efficiently and cost effectively sample and test it.
Understanding near surface geology and overlying fill and made ground is essential in developing a thorough understanding of the interaction between the ground and the building, structure or of any ground modification. Built on solid experience of ground investigation and using data acquired to assess and design foundations, earthworks and slopes, Ground and Project Consultants are ideally placed to help you understand the ground risks relating to your project.
Our services include:
- Geotechnical Risk Register
- Coal Mining Risk Assessments
- Basement Impact Assessments
- Ground Movement Assessments
- Foundation Recommendations and Design
- Piling Mat Design
- Slope Stability Analysis and Remediation
- Retaining Wall Assessment and Design
- Earthworks Specification and Monitoring
- Performance of Engineered and Non-engineering Fills
- Ground Improvement
- Geotechnical Design and Feedback Reports
We offer a range of expertise in engineering geology, drawing on a wealth of experience across many sectors.
Underpinned by a wealth of experience on some of the UK’s most contaminated sites, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of land contamination services, including:
- Phase 1/ Preliminary Risk Assessments
- Conceptual Site Model
- Ground Investigation Design and Interpretation
- Generic Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Remediation Options Appraisal and Design
- Remediation, Validation and Verification
Our processes follow the recommendations of CLR11.
Expert Witness and Claims Assessment
Jon has experience of providing expert witness and claims assessment services both in geotechnics, particularly in relation to slope stability and earth retaining structures, and in contaminated land. His extensive training in the role of expert witness and forensic approach to understanding the problem mean he is is fully versed in the requirements of experts in the legal and contract arenas.
- Expert reports
- Record of achieving successful outcomes
- Clear concise written style
- Experience of giving evidence in court
- Detailed analysis of claims including unforeseen ground conditions and assessment of temporary works failures
Jon’s expert reports have been highly commended with an excellent record of successfully developing favourable outcomes for his clients.